Monday, March 8, 2010

Beginning of Week 3

Where do I start?? Lets see...Saturday morning we had our dreaded stop sign hike! I think I mentioned before, we start at 3000 ft elevation and end at 4000 ft elevation. It is a timed hike. Everyone hates it. I only made it to what we call mini stop sign and back down which is about 6 miles. Every muscle in my body hurt and I was so frustrated! I had a circuit class after that and was done for the weekend. A bunch of us went bowling Saturday night! We had such a good time. I almost didnt go, but I am so glad I did. I truly have bonded with these people here. Sat night and Sunday we had to say goodbye to some good friends. Sunday we welcomed more inmates...oops I mean guests! Dan Evans from Biggest Loser season 5 is here with his mom, they were together on the show. He doesnt seem very friendly. Today was the dreaded stop sign hike AGAIN! Everyone gets so nervous they cant sleep! I iced my calves and knees this weekend in hopes that every part of my body would work properly. We started the hike and my shins began to hurt!! I was like REALLY!! What else will hurt!! I was determined to make it to the top today!! My roommate suggested I wear my ipod, I hadnt before. Well I did and it must of helped. When I was climbing one of the hills I hate, I would listen to a certain song and things it reminded me of and next thing you know I was at the top! I actually shaved 15 mins off my time! I hate that hill, but nothing feels better than touching that stop sign. One of the songs I listened to was on of madison's favorites...The Climb by Miley Cyrus. Just listening to the words helped! I know that sounds dorky. The other one was Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. That reminds me of Jeffrey, Corey and Suzy! Of course Bestfriend by Queen reminded me of my amazing husband! My whole experience would not be possible without my amazing husband. How did I get so lucky! Ohh...I forgot the rest of my day...after stop sign I had mountain class, then circuit, then step and pump and finished with the pool. It even started raining while we were in the pool. I have started my count down! I only have one Monday left and 3 stop sign hikes! After tomorrow I will only have one Tuesday....etc. Thank you so much for all your support. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Remember to Dominate the Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment